Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Cataclysm is over . . . almost



So, Mists of Pandaria is only a week away now. Many people are spending the last few days of Cata finishing up the various things that they wanted to get done this expansion. Some players are clearing bags/banks or getting a few achievements squared away. Me, I’m levelling alts. I decided a couple of months ago that I’d really like to have one character of every class maxed by the beginning of MoP. Alongside that, I thought it would be rather nice to have every crafting profession covered too.

I decided on a plan of action. I was missing a lock, DK, warrior and rogue from my stable of 85’s so I rolled a lock on my second account (gnome of course – evil with pigtails rocks!) and used the Scroll of Resurection perk to boost her to 80! After that it was a nice quick levelling experience to get her to 85.

Secondly I eyed up my DK. I’d rolled him a while back when, in a moment of madness, I’d decided that 3 alchemists was just not enough and a 4th was definitely required! Since then he’d more or less stayed in SW and become part of the furniture. Leveling up a DK is fun. Besides the bonus of their awesome starting zone quests, they are as hard as nails, making for a pleasant, easy levelling experience. With a nice mix of questing, dungeons and flower picking, 85 was looming in no time at all. Ok, so now he’s back to lounging around SW again, but at least he’s 85 and can now proc me lots of potions when I need them.

Right. Next. I turned my attention to the little worgen rogue who, at level 40, had also been abandoned by myself, left alone in SW, forced to steal and pick pockets to survive . . . okay, okay, so a little overly dramatic but you get the idea. Since she is also my  skinner/leatherworker I decided to do my best to level up her professions during her journeys through Azeroth.  And let me just say, the nightmare of levelling leatherworking will haunt me til my dying day! It hurts, it really does.  And with the speed of levelling these days it requires either several extra hours of grinding per type of leather or some serious spending of pocket money on the AH to “top off” each tier of leatherworking. The one zone which seemed to be an exception was northrend, simply due to the vast amount of animal kill quests and animal mobs in the questing areas (Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills, Sholazar Basin). However, horrible profession levelling aside, I have to say that I am completely in love with rogues. Stabby stabby fun all round. And it really is fun. I’ll always be a healer at heart but I’ve levelled almost every class going to try and find that “one”, one that just clicks, an alt that I could enjoy playing enough to actually want to gear up, rather than be left standing in SW to do some occasional crafting. And I honestly think the rogue could be it. She’s level 83 now, stealthing her way through Uldum in a sneaky back stabby kinda way. She probably won’t see much gearing up in Cata but I think she may be hitting 90 not long after the pally.



As for the little dwarf warrior, well she may have to be a little more patient as I don’t think she will see 85 this expansion. Not if I plan on getting any sleep before the 25th. Which ideally I would like to as I probably won’t be getting much sleep for a while AFTER the 25th!


No comments:

Post a Comment